I know I have some new readers lately, so this is perfect timing to say “Hi” to y’all and let you get to know me a little bit better 🙂 None of these are deep questions, but more like little known facts. I was always one of those people 10 years ago who would send out those “get to know your friends better” spammy emails to all of my friends and drive them crazy, so it’s kind of fun to do it again! Read on to find out some random facts about me.
Four places I have lived
- I have spent the entirety of my life in Alberta, Canada hopping between: the suburbs of Calgary, acreages outside of Calgary, the city of Grande Prairie (8 years with my family, and 1 year with two roommates in a townhouse), and now east of Edmonton, on another acreage. We just like acreages.
Four places I have visited
- Camping across the Yukon Territory (almost every summer growing up), Vancouver Island, in a lovely house on the beach, Last summer in England, in a cottage in the village of Stow-on-the-Wold. (You can see some of that trip here.) And well, as far as traveling goes, that is pretty much it. I tend to stay pretty close to home 🙂
Four TV shows I watch
- I don’t have TV, so any shows I watch are once they come out on DVD. I love a lot of old shows, and British shows. So, the four that I can think of off the top of my head would be: Foyle’s War, Columbo, Get Smart and Call the Midwife. What a strange mix of murder, drama and comedy! 🙂
Four of my favourite foods
- How can I choose? Four that I can think of off the top of my head are Curry, Pasta and Meatsauce (as long as it has lots of vegetables in it), Spicy Sriracha Shrimp and Noodle Soup, and Black Forest Cheesecake (which I have almost every year on my birthday!)
Four things I like to drink
- Tea (too many times a day), Water- in order to counteract the intake of tea 🙂 Eis Shokolade (which is a German drink of chilled hot chocolate poured over gelato), and Stewart’s Lime Soda, which tastes like a lime creamsicle.
Four pet peeves
- People chewing loudly, people chewing with their mouths open, double standards, people not cleaning up after themselves or just messes in general. I am a neat freak!
Four wacky or odd things about me:
- Well, I consider nothing about myself to be wacky or odd. . . haha. . . just kidding. Maybe that, despite the fact that I seem like such a girly girl (and I am really), I know almost everything there is to know about installing tile and have done several installations myself too. I worked in a tile store and learned about the whole industry. Which was also pretty funny, as I wore vintage style skirts and dresses to work, which just confused people as it was kind of warehouse environment (like Home Depot). But I wear skirts and dresses most days- which lots of people consider odd, and I just consider comfortable. So that’s two odd things. Two more would be: Despite the fact that I am an adult (am I?) my last Christmas gift was a Barbie. But it was the vintage reproduction one, so that kind of makes sense? And, maybe the fact that I like old things better than new things. Almost always. But even though lots of people consider that odd, I don’t, and I am sure many of my fellow vintage lovers would agree 🙂 . . .
So. There you have it!
Now to tag some more ladies to take part, if they would like to. And if you would like to introduce yourself, feel free to comment leaving your answers below 🙂 I’d love to meet you too!
Sarah of Just a Little Prayer
Jessica of Zella Maybe
Carmen of Vintage Dream Blog
Jessica of Chronically Vintage