Changing of Seasons
It’s taken me a little while to get used to the changing of the seasons this year. We have had such a cold and rainy summer this year, that these past few warm and sunny weeks have seemed rather like summer has finally come. But the calendar tells me that we are already here at the first official day of Fall, and the golden leaves and chill in the morning air reminds me that it must be the season after all.
Falltime is my favourite season so today on the first day of Fall, upon reflecting, here are some of my favourite things about this season. Even if I haven’t done all of these things, or they haven’t taken place yet, I am looking forward to them in their turn!
- golden fields ready for harvest.
- the cool crisp air in the mornings that makes my bike ride to work chilly.
- the soft autumn sunshine in the afternoons that makes my ride home much warmer!
- harvesting produce from the garden (my mom’s garden that is!)
- cooking a meal completely with homegrown vegetables and herbs.
- riding my bicycle through scattered leaves and hearing them crunch under the tires
- cozy cups of tea- especially chai lately!
- supplementing my decor with branches and other collected finds from nature.
- pressing differently shaped and coloured leaves
- picking apples and eating them fresh from the tree, and then making juice and crisps with the rest
- pulling out the wool skirts and cardigans and scarves
These a just a few favourite things of this season- what are your favourite things about Fall?
skirt- homesewn from vintage fabric
hat- Lack of Color
necklace- Grandmother’s Buttons
September 24, 2019 @ 9:50 am
So many reasons to love Autumn! I agree, lots to get excited about. I love the ‘back to school’ feeling, I’ve bought myself a new lunchbox and a new mug for my morning tea. I love the light we get in the evenings at this time of year, it is really magical. X
September 29, 2019 @ 5:15 pm
Oh yes- the light at this time of years is magical!
September 25, 2019 @ 11:19 am
You look beautiful in these photos, Nicole!
I love walking in the Fall, and looking at the changing light and the colorful leaves. It’s often my last time to draw outside for many months. I also like to bake, start lighting candles in the evening, and make a lot of soups. And to curl up under an old quilt with my dog and read books.
The marigolds and sunflowers are another part of autumn that I enjoy a great deal.
September 29, 2019 @ 5:16 pm
Thank-you so much!
Those are all lovely fall activities- especially curling up with a good book!
October 5, 2019 @ 12:21 pm
Nicole it is so nice hearing from you once again. fall is my favorite season too. We had a hot,dry summer as the grass is a victim of the weather. I love your outfit is lovely.
I have not received your e-mails .
October 8, 2019 @ 5:06 pm
Thank-you for your comment! It’s nice to be posting again, too!
October 5, 2019 @ 12:24 pm
Hi Nicole. Happy to seeing you post again. Your skirt is so pretty. You look very nice. Autumn is a beautiful season. The leaves are falling but haven’t turned color.
October 8, 2019 @ 5:07 pm
I hope you get some lovely colours before the leaves all fall!
October 7, 2019 @ 1:41 pm
All of these are the things I love about fall too! Also this outfit has such a wonderful elegance about it!
October 8, 2019 @ 5:08 pm
Thank-you so much!
And yes, there are so many things to love about Fall (though on cold days like today, I am less inclined to go out and experience it firsthand!)