It’s taken me a little while to get used to the changing of the seasons this year. We have had such a cold and rainy summer this year, that these past few warm and sunny weeks have seemed rather like summer has finally come. But the calendar tells me that we are already here at the first official day of Fall, and the golden leaves and chill in the morning air reminds me that it must be the season after all.
Falltime is my favourite season so today on the first day of Fall, upon reflecting, here are some of my favourite things about this season. Even if I haven’t done all of these things, or they haven’t taken place yet, I am looking forward to them in their turn!
- golden fields ready for harvest.
- the cool crisp air in the mornings that makes my bike ride to work chilly.
- the soft autumn sunshine in the afternoons that makes my ride home much warmer!
- harvesting produce from the garden (my mom’s garden that is!)
- cooking a meal completely with homegrown vegetables and herbs.
- riding my bicycle through scattered leaves and hearing them crunch under the tires
- cozy cups of tea- especially chai lately!
- supplementing my decor with branches and other collected finds from nature.
- pressing differently shaped and coloured leaves
- picking apples and eating them fresh from the tree, and then making juice and crisps with the rest
- pulling out the wool skirts and cardigans and scarves
These a just a few favourite things of this season- what are your favourite things about Fall?
skirt- homesewn from vintage fabric
hat- Lack of Color
necklace- Grandmother’s Buttons