Photo Journal: Fall Time at the Farm
Happy first day of Fall everyone! I’m not going to lie; fall time is one of my favourite seasons, and I don’t particularly rue the end of Summer. Well, I’ll miss the green trees and the flowers in bloom, but I will not miss the heat!
Besides there are plenty of reasons to love fall time. Here are a few which I just thought of now:
- It is harvest time, which means there are tons of delicious vegetables and fruits to enjoy.
- The changing colours of the Autumn leaves bring to life that quote, “Autumn is a second Spring, where every leaf is a flower”. This season is the most colourful season, I think.
- We are no longer baking to death from the heat! (can you tell yet; I don’t like the heat.)
- You can have a cozy fire burning in your fireplace. Not only does it keep you toasty warm, but it’s rather comforting too.
- It is tights season, so I can pull out my mustard yellow, sheer polka dot and opaque black tights again!
- Ok, I’ll join the bandwagon: it’s pumpkin pie season.
- And, for me personally I love fall time because it’s my birthday 🙂
Do you enjoy Fall, or do you think of it only as a precursor to the dreaded Winter? What is your favourite thing about this season?
Ps. These photos were taken last month at my uncle’s farm. So, they aren’t technically “Fall” photos, as you can tell by the still-green leaves on the trees, but I think they suit the harvest theme well enough to share today anyways!
September 22, 2017 @ 1:15 pm
There is much to love about every season, it’s true. I think us Brits are just a bit sore this year at not having had a proper summer. I think also the idea of Autumn – crisp days, crunchy leaves etc. is often far removed from the grey, soggy reality we get! BUT there’s no point bemoaning the seasons, and I for one will also be embracing tights (not until October), our woodburning stove, the harvest of apples, and the chance to wear tweed again! x
September 23, 2017 @ 12:28 am
Oh yes- tweed season again! I’m looking forward to my woolens too 🙂
September 22, 2017 @ 4:31 pm
I agree, Fall is the best time of year. The colors are so beautiful. The air is so refreshing and comfortable.
September 23, 2017 @ 12:30 am
I love that it is the most colourful season of the year too! 🙂
September 27, 2017 @ 2:00 pm
I love Autumn, it is my favourite season. I love all the colours and the fact that I can wear all my hand knits and cosy fabrics.
October 12, 2017 @ 6:53 pm
Autumn is the season for knitting I agree!
October 2, 2017 @ 3:46 am
You have captured the feeling of fall beautifully! Apples ready for harvest look glorious!
October 12, 2017 @ 6:57 pm
Don’t they look just delicious 🙂 Harvest is definitely a key benefit to the season!