As much as I love the past, I would definitely not want to live in any era other than this one. For many reasons, but I would say the main reason is the internet. I could not live without the internet. Well, OK I guess I could. . . but I wouldn’t want to! I love seeing what other people are writing about on the internet, so I thought I would share some of my favourite internet finds I’ve read lately! I hope you enjoy!
- This article from a while back made me sad, as it details how little has actually been done to improve worker safety in Bangladesh after the 2013 factory collapse, but it has renewed my commitment to doing my part and not slacking in my commitment to fair trade fashion!
- On that note, this article by the same blog, has some good tips on how to start shopping consciously. Little steps is the key to making it manageable.
- Emileigh from Flashback Summer has been sharing some excerpts of an interview with Christian Dior in a vintage issue of “Women’s Home Companion”. The articles are an excellent peek into the fashion of the era, and also offer invaluable advice about dressing for short ladies, large ladies, tall ladies and dressing within your budget. She has a couple more posts planned in the next weeks, as it is a six part series. I can’t wait to read the rest of them!
- Did you know that it is Fair Trade Month, and Slow Fashion October? I must have been living under a rock, as I didn’t know that, until it was already October. . . and really, this sort of thing is right up my alley! Anyways, I found out about it now, and while I still haven’t participated (yet!), it is so encouraging to see so many other people thinking about slow fashion, and how to make it a part of their lives. I’ll probably get around to posting something on instagram one of these days too . . . Are you participating in the official “Slow Fashion” event?
- These lovely outfits by fellow bloggers, Jessica of Chronically Vintage, Devinne of Mox and Socks, and Nora of Nora Finds are really putting me in the mood for Fall. Which is good, considering that it is Fall. And in fact, now that we have snow here, in good ol’ Alberta. I should be dressing for Winter I guess, rather than Fall. Time for the wool coats. . .
- I have been listening to the soundtrack of “Far from the Madding Crowd” on repeat since sometime in. . . July? (Whenever it was that I watched the movie). It seriously never gets old. If you go and listen to it, you will have it on repeat too. . . don’t say I didn’t warn you!
So, have you found any good reads lately? And, could you easily live without the internet? Or is it a mainstay in your day to day life?